Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Winter's Back!!!

well winter is finally back out here in the Cascades!

Over the past week we have had about 12'' of new snow. Last wednesday it started with 8 inches over night, and we have gotten about an inch every night since then, its not much but it def helping to improve the skiing, and makes the back country amazing!


I just purchased a backcountry touring set up so i can hike around, up mountains and then ski down. the set up includes new binding that have a releasable heal so you can walk up, climbing skins that stick to the bottom of my skis to i wont slip, and touring boots that are lighter to make hiking easier.

we are back to 5 day work weeks which is much better for my wallet~! although having three days off made it nice to relax, ski and get into town.

on sunday teh 15th, i worked for two families with little 6 year old girls. I took them skiing all day on the mountain, and they paid me $20 an hour! crazy to think ski-sitting pays better then patroling....oh well, it was good fun! the girls were fun, made me miss my little cousins a lot!

No comments: