Saturday, February 28, 2009

Retro ski party / My Birthday


Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the b-day wishes, cards, e-cards ect and facebook messages! i loved all and every bit of it! i had a great birthday! i went to bed after a night of drinking at the retro ski party (see pics on facebook...amazing?!) around 1am, celebrating accordingly at midnight of course with a shot ski of tequila and a car bomb! My morning began at 4am with a phone call saying we were doing a avi control morning and we had to be ready to go at 6am! little to my knowledge we received 15" of new snow over night! the best birthday present from mother nature! i was still in the process of sobering up around 7 when i was hiking to my route up to the highest point in the resort. i threw 5 bombs, with little results. my partner, a long time veteran patroller, had his D80 camera along for the day because it was so beautiful out, and since it was my birthday he offered to ski down first and snap shots of me skiing the new powder!! It was great i had a 800' vertical ski down in waist deep new powder at 8:30 in the morning to start my b-day! Pretty f*ing sweet!

i skied the rest of the day, after the dispatcher made an announcement over the entire radio system that it was my b-day and also that i had received flowers. this comment clearly caused a ruckus and everyone wanted to know what guy sent me flowers, well , no guy would send me flowers at this point of my life...it was my mom! haha oh Judith! They were beautiful though! lily’s, my favorite!

Work ended i went home for my "mellow night" of pizza and beer. It ended up being one beer, one glass of wine and a few slices of frozen pizza. We were a little to tired to get excite and rally! i was totally ok with this, we watched an old ski movie, and went to bed by 9! Great day!!!!



No comments: