Thursday, January 12, 2012

Off To Arizona


I’m all packed and ready to Rock ’n Roll in the Arizona Rock ‘n roll Marathon in Phoenix! After a brisk run this morning in 12° but sunny weather the reality of my trip to dry and warm and cloudless Phoenix AZ is becoming a reality. I fly out of Missoula tomorrow morning for 3 days down in the heat of the desert. I will have most of the day on Friday to get settled in town, visit the Rock ‘n roll Expo and race check in, and then find a nice local spot for a casual dinner.


Flying all the way to Arizona will be a whole new experience. For one thing I have never been to AZ so it’s a new state to check off the list. I also have never traveled like this for a race. It adds a new element of commitment to the training and the race. I also have never participated in an event so large. There will be roughly 30,000 participants if the marathon and ½ marathon combined, with that many or more attending the event to cheer and support the runner as they (we) endure the 26.2 miles in 75°. Its going to be a great event.


Check back after the race Sunday or Monday for my race results, my adventures around Phoenix and of course pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck, Jess! I'm gunna be like you when I grow up. Way to live your dreams and pursue your goals now while you can. I'll be routing for you and anxious to see pics! Cant really imagine 75 degrees. It was 10 degrees here this morning.