Thursday, December 22, 2011

Power foods



With the current colder weather and fresh snow on the ground I have hit the gym for a few of my workouts this week. I dont know whether its my final peak week of training or the spectators at the gym but I have been pushing myself extra hard this week and it feels great!

With the extra effort at the gym in the morning, when I finally make it home I look for some real power foods to keep me fueled for the rest of the day but also to help me recover from a hard workout indoors.

Immediately after my workout I whip up a power smoothie as I call it.
I start with a packet of carnation instant Breakfast chocolate flavor.

I add one banana,
1 cup of frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blue berries, raspberries and blackberries)
1 cup baby spinach,
2 cups almond milk.
Blend and enjoy!
( for some extra power I'll all add 2 scoops Hammer Nutrition's Recoverite in Chocolate or Strawberry)

This power packed puppy has about 550 calories and is full of protein, with enough carbohydrates and fats to rebuild my muscle and keep me going all afternoon. Plus it has loads of vitamins and minerals to keep my immune system healthy during cold and flu season.

No comments: