Sunday, April 7, 2013

Balancing Act

Between a full time job, part time school, a relationship, 8-10 hours a week of training, a dog and trying to manage a social life, my days are packed.

How do I fit it all in you might ask. Well work is self explanatory, I have to work to pay bills, no questions asked. In order to have quality time with Josh, give trapper enough play time and get my training in I sometimes combine two components of my life. I will take trapper on my run's or trail rides, a win win for both of us. Josh and I also find quality time by training together. We will go to the gym and pool together, do separate workouts but be together, and then after we have time to enjoy a recovery meal together, usually before I rush off to work for the evening.

The couple that plays together stays together
Every athlete, working mom,  stay at home dad and anyone else with any sort of goals knows, there has to be sacrifices in order to be successful and accomplish those goals. But I feel pretty fortunate to be able to combine my personal, professional and relationship commitment into one successful well balanced lifestyle.

No comments: