Monday, February 4, 2013

So It Begins


Over the next 20 weeks I will be completing 7-9 workout per week of swimming, biking running, plus weight training, Crossfit and of course skiing. I will be working to improve my fitness, endurance, stamina, while finding a nutritional plan that works for me, and shaping my mental attitude. I will be doing this all while taking classes and working full time. I have a challenge set out before me, and I'm excited to begin and push myself to succeed.

 Today begins my 20 week training program for my first 1/2 Ironman Triathlon. June 23rd 2013 is the Bozeman Triathlon and I will be doing the long course which is a 1/2 Ironman distance. A 1.2 mile open water swim, a 56 mile bike ride, and then 13.1 mile run to total 70.3 miles covered.
 
 race link: http://www.bozemantritons.org/tritonstri/


Follow my progress here as I give training tips, fun recipes I try along the way and my trials and triumphs of trying to balance work, school, play and my life with training.

1 comment:

straightneedles said...

Good for you Jess!!! Good luck!