Thursday, April 23, 2009

Road Trippin'

Back to Colorado I go!!

I left washington on tuesday april 14th first thing in the morning. It was sad good buys to my housemates, loaded up and headed East. ( well I had to head West to Seattle before going East due to mountain pass's still being closed for the season). My housemates, how i have played house mother for for the past 6 months, wished me safe traves while also checking to makre sure my car had enough oil, correct tire pressure for highway driving, that i had gas, and food as well as a safe place to stay while driving to Colorado! WOW am i gonan miss them!!

I drove for about 13 hours that first day made it across washignton, through Oregon, and all the way across Idaho. I finally came ot a rest stop just over into the Utah boarder and spend the night in my car. Its great being and to move your whole life in your car and still be able to sleep in it!

I woke up first thing the next morning and headed south east down to Moab, UT to visit a friend and enjoy some R&R in the dessert! We went rafting on the colorado river, canyonering through the national park and just enjoyed hanging out around town! a great few days off!

after my quick but much needed vacation in the warm (70 + degrees) dessert, i headed back north to Colorado. I stoped by Leadville (the highest town in the country, 10,000 feet, to visit Ben, from camp last summer. it was nice to catch up, we went climbing and then to a STS9 free concert at Copper mountain for closing day! ps- i love vacation!

I am now here back at camp santa maria. We started staff training for outdoor ed on monday and are all ready for our first session of middle school kids to show up on monday! we have a great crew this year but i cant wait for all of the returners to come back from last year! its gonan be another great summer in colorful Colorado!

No comments: